We are pleased to offer morning and school-day classes for children aged 18 months – 4 years.
Our Early Childhood Educators provide a wonderful opportunity for children to build their confidence while having fun with their friends. Our weekly inquiry-based programs using the Ministry of Education’s ELECT curriculum delight young children with stories, music and movement, arts & crafts, drama and French.
Preschool fundamentals including literacy and numeracy prepare children for Kindergarten and are embedded in fun based activities such as circle time, songs, projects, games, and art.
Hands-on projects introduce our youngsters to the world of science and fuel their natural curiosity.
Our classrooms provide a wide range of materials including dramatic and science centers that are updated monthly, sensory bins, books, games, puzzles, music, and fantastic arts & craft supplies.
Organized games and free-play in our safe backyard promotes physical fitness and co-operation. Preschoolers enjoy off-site excursions to neighbourhood establishments such as The Mount Pleasant Library, local markets, flower shops, Leaside Animal Clinic etc.
Special visitors such as music and dance performers and community helpers like the fire fighters and dentists always provide extra excitement!
Healthy snack time (and lunches for the longer programs) encourages social interaction and keeps children energized throughout the day.
A nap/rest period follows lunch for the school-day programs.
Purple Tree’s warm and positive atmosphere is a great stepping-stone to help children transition from their own homes to a peer-group setting.
- 18 months – 4 years
- Morning classes 9:00am – 11:45am
- Extended Preschool classes 9:01am – 3:00pm (2.5 – 4 years)
- School-Day Toddler classes: 9:00am – 4:00pm (18 – 30 months)
- Classes are offered 2/3/5 days/wk
- Student:Teacher ratios; 5:1 for toddlers and 8:1 for preschoolers
- PA Days, Christmas Break, one week of March Break and Easter Monday are not included for Preschool classes
- 10 month school year program with Summer Camp optional on a weekly basis